Clan Wolfpack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Review - COD Black Ops

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Fenris
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Fenris

Review - COD Black Ops Empty
PostSubject: Review - COD Black Ops   Review - COD Black Ops Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 12:07 am

Here is my first look thoughts on Call Of Duty Black Ops and tbh it aint good.

Apart from the performance issues, bug and glitches that I will get into there are gameplay and GFX things that already don’t impress me. If you don’t want to read this review heres it in brief

Don’t buy this game if you want an enjoyable FPS game with some semblance of tactics and realism. Buy instead the far superior games Medal of Honour or Bad Company 2.

I don’t like to be negative about a game but this sux monkey balls in so many ways which I will now list.

1. BIG hands small guns….. The representation of your hands to gun size seems like the hulk has been to Toys R Us . It also takes up almost a quarter of your screen and the arms have the same rigidity as CSS and when you reload some guns try to see anything else but your meaty hands lol.

2. Its MW2 cartoonised……. Seems Treyarch have reskinned MW2 with some fisher price pens. Compared to Medal of Honor’s grittiness it is left looking dated.

3. Jerkyness urgh is it lag ?? …Some people don’t suffer this but the majority do and it isn’t down to your PC spec it’s the game itself. It is even reportedly in the console versions. So lucky if you don’t damned if you do.. will Treyarch do their usual of not bothering to patch it for PC as they concentrate on console sales ?

4. Wheres the gameplay ? The single player campaign so far is made up of cut scenes that last as long as the missions you play so its half cutscene to missions of simple run to the end of level…. Im about halfway and nothing has yet shone out as an outstanding mission. Gone is the feeling that COD games had of playing all the movies you ever loved instead its disjointed and as if Michael Bay directed it

5. The Kids are back….. Multiplay is all about whos got the best perks and can bunny hop the most. Compared to the tense gunfights fo MOH or the large scale battles of BFBC2 it is a simple arena style noobtube fest of hopping and camping. And the in game chat is all WTF, Noob and OMG’s….. Oh dear

To sum it up within 40 minutes of multiplay I was gladly back onto Medal of Honor for some skilled and tactical play that looked realistic and felt right.

I will give it more of a chance and hope they patch fix its many flaws as release day is always a bit messy so heres hoping.

What you all think lets debate this shiznay !
Back to top Go down
http://www.clanwolfpack.co.uk
Noose

Noose

PostSubject: Re: Review - COD Black Ops   Review - COD Black Ops Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 12:52 pm

I can almost agree with most of what you said, and further more, I suspected as much of it prior to release as well. For me, I dont really like the era it is set in as its in a period where weapons were cumbersome and fugly. Having not really given multiplay enough time to have a proper verdict (and being someone who does not suffer from this laggy gameplay) i can safely say that the game looks like it will do well enough to waste my free time until I can muster up enough spare cash to do the good thing and go out and buy medal of honor.
Back to top Go down
Buddy

Buddy

PostSubject: Re: Review - COD Black Ops   Review - COD Black Ops Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 8:45 pm

cant even run it on my pc my processor not good enough! now i dont even waant to play it!
i do have medal of honor and havent tried that online much at all so if you are doing a night let me know and i join you...

ps. has vent pw changed?
Back to top Go down
Fenris
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Fenris

PostSubject: Re: Review - COD Black Ops   Review - COD Black Ops Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 8:53 pm

yes mate pass is now howl.. Had some numpty come on and disrupt it lol

We play medal of honor most nights mate and love it..

Ive found out why the such bad performance for most COD players and you are one of the lucky few if you dont get stuttering.

basically treyarch directly ported it from the Xbox version without tailoring it for the PC architecture.. basically we are buying and paying for a playtest Beta version of it......So many patches to come that is if Treyarch get off their arse to sort it but going on previous history they wont........

Way to kill a Franchise.. Come back Infinity Ward !!!

Dont buy this pooch send them a message that they cant shovel shit to us pc users !! Im taking mine back if i can....

Buy Medal of honor or BFBC2 far better games !
Back to top Go down
Buddy

Buddy

PostSubject: Re: Review - COD Black Ops   Review - COD Black Ops Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 10:28 pm

wonder if theres any way to remove the code from steam so it can be reused?
Back to top Go down
Fenris
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Fenris

PostSubject: Re: Review - COD Black Ops   Review - COD Black Ops Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 11:03 pm

thats another thing that really pissed me off about it... bought the disc version went to install it .. oh wait cant steam servers busy ?? wtf im installing of a disc ?? Oh wait its going now ..wtf ?? Downloading data for install ?? 58 minutes .... I purposely buy discs not steam games so i can play them offline or at Lans and this is the crap they pull...

so if you go to a LAN dont try to install it or even for single player not online...... shameful

Lol hows about this for a conspiracy too.... hoodwinking consumers and proof game review magazines and tv shows are paid for by gaming companies.....

I posted a tamer version of my review on the following reviewers sites...

Edge Magazine
The Gadget Show
PC Format
Computer and video games magazine

and out of all these sites they all removed my non offensive but critical review and all have biased reviews of how great it is.... lmao even on the back of the box it has reviews saying "game of the year" what a pile of crap. All of these things are dated before the game even came out and yes i know they get the game to look at before hand so even they should see what crap it is .. Paid off liars the lot of em
Back to top Go down
Buddy

Buddy

PostSubject: Re: Review - COD Black Ops   Review - COD Black Ops Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 4:36 am

yeah i cpuldnt install it off the discs at all, took 8 hrs to download off steam for it to tell me it wasnt released yet...

finally got passed that problem after removing many working programs and downloading many updates for windows installers and sound and graphics only for it to not work on my processor!

and finally finding a site where u can run games compatability checks ie canirunthis.com
only for it to say passed on everything but your amd64bit 3800 processor sucks balls and u cant play!

moh it is then Smile
Back to top Go down
Fenris
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Fenris

PostSubject: Re: Review - COD Black Ops   Review - COD Black Ops Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 11:23 am

Finished its oh so samey levels.......

Seems to be 60% Cut scenes and animations with 40% very linear play.

its like Michael Bay on crack directed it.......

And OMG what a cheesey flag waving ending ... "bleurk"

Wont be playing that again.......
Back to top Go down
Malfius

Malfius

PostSubject: Re: Review - COD Black Ops   Review - COD Black Ops Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 10:30 pm

The end was a right cheese feast Smile
I did see the twist coming a mile off, but I did enjoy the extra zombie level intro with Kennedy, Castro and Nixon.
The MP is growing on me, slowly but still not a patch on MOH or BC2
Back to top Go down
Fenris
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Fenris

PostSubject: Re: Review - COD Black Ops   Review - COD Black Ops Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 11:02 pm

I think the Zombie bit at end is the best part Smile They should have just done a full Zombie game lol
Back to top Go down
Bodycount

Bodycount

PostSubject: Re: Review - COD Black Ops   Review - COD Black Ops Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 1:58 am

I just think it's sad that review sites become popular for their impartial reviews to help gamers spending their hard earned cash on a Turkey, then the big companies see these sites are popular pump in cash in the form of advertising and then destroy the sites as they are to afraid to slag off a game. no matter how awful the game to protect the advertising revenue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Review - COD Black Ops   Review - COD Black Ops Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Review - COD Black Ops
Page 1 of 1