Clan Wolfpack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DC universe online

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bodycount

Bodycount

DC universe online Empty
PostSubject: DC universe online   DC universe online Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 7:42 pm

Hi all

Just wanted to give you an update on this MMO. It has just become free to play, so I thought i would check it out. I am a big fan of the comic genre and the chance to play as one for free where do i sign up? I thought.

you can google DCU online and get the free download link from there or you can get it via Steam if you have an account also for free. I have to say at first i wasnt impressed by server reliablity it took a while before i could even get it to run. I later found out after trawling the support forums this was down to the customer base doubling over 2 days. As you can imagine this was a massive strain on resources. With a few days the technical guys seem to have done a good job and it seems much more stable now.

Character creation is excellent, a wide range of body type, size and a massive range of costumes. then you chose your weapon style, your power source and your movement type. There are a huge range of options. all after you have chosen of you want to be a hero or villain.

once you have created you character you are hurled into the action on board a ship and you first mission is to escape. The game play is pretty simple its no WOW i'll tell you now. just a pretty simple but effective charcter control and combat system. you are gently guided through the escape from the ship with instructions on using your abilitys as you go.

once you have completed your first mission as a villain you go to the Metropolis safe house and pick up your first couple of missions, find some gear vendors and the in game mail system general MMO stuff.It seems to have a lot of hidden features, that i am only begining to discover like as you gain new items you can preserve the look of your character you lovingly crafted, by using the style option tucked away in a menu, i have recently found.

Overall I have enjoyed playing it, its a nice bit of a change of pace and pretty good fun. more like an MMO/beat em up. nice simple game play and easy to pick up and put down. I think it will be a nice diversion for a while, and being free its a nice bit of throw away fun.

Well i look forward to seeing you on the streets, and putting those goody two shoe 'heroes' in their place!!
Back to top Go down
Fenris
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Fenris

DC universe online Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC universe online   DC universe online Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 7:07 pm

I Gave it a try mate and got to about level 11 but found it very samey fast.

As a free to play its ok but it is somewhat let down for me beign a Comic fan & collector that with the vast wealth of DC comic back stories it doesnt seem to have gone into any depth. I Joined the PvP side thinking it would be Heroes vs Villains in direct competition but its not Sad

Also the only one server in EU situation of lag and wait times is not good Sad

Already playing an MMO i dont feel theres anything in this to make me want to invest any time in it Sad Shame as i love the DC Universe more than Marvel.
Back to top Go down
http://www.clanwolfpack.co.uk

DC universe online
Page 1 of 1