Clan Wolfpack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

War Thunder - Game review

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Fenris
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Fenris

War Thunder - Game review Empty
PostSubject: War Thunder - Game review   War Thunder - Game review Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 12:27 am

Well been playing it a week now and thought id do a review and try to get you ground pounders into the air war !!

War Thunder - Game review 9507874_orig

So first up my thoughts overall and what its all about ...... ITS AWESOME !!!

Warthunder is a WW2 flight battle MMO that has varying levels of difficulty based around the control systems so if you want an arcade type game it fits the bill but if you want something tougher then yu can ramp it up all the way to full realistic flight with fuel mixing, trim adjusting and wind/weather effects.

At the moment I am playing it in the arcade battle mode and must say it is the smoothest and most fun flight battle game I have played. The gfx and physics engine is precise and has so far no lag issues at all. This means what you shoot at is there and when you learn your leading fire you can pick off engines with ease depending on the targets skills as a pilot to evade fire.
When you first pick up your flight stick there is a bit of tweaking and things to learn before you will get it but I can help with what I have learnt so far and have an easy control system set to get you going so dont get disheartened if yo ucant hit anything at the start it will come very quickly once you have keys set.

The main bulk of the game is dogfighting but there is also a sizeable amount of ground attack and area capture targets involved which add a few new dimensions and tactical challenges and also coming with the full release is the ground and naval games so not only flight but tanking and sailing will be part of it.

Levelling is very much like world of tanks but has a subtle couple of differences that are really good.

You have your account level which adds skills to you as a pilot such as "Keen sight" : further range vision & "G Force Tolerance" : obviously you wont black out as easy.
These are learnt with XP you gain in any nation aircraft so always remain with you.

I do find the leveling is a lot easier and fairer than in Tanks where if you help in killing an aircraft you get a sizeable chunk of reward and attacking ground targets gives good rewards. I have only been playing for about 4 days and already at tier 7 in one nation and 4 in another so it doesnt take long and there are a couple of tricks to it.

There are tons of different missions from Historical co-op missions to dogfighting team missions etc etc so its not just the same battles to do like in tanks and heres somethings coming soon to War Thunder :

Full world of tanks style tank battles check out an example tech tree below to see all the shiny stuff coming :

Example tank tech trees

War Thunder - Game review 257224i

War Thunder - Game review Kd4i9s

Also full Naval tech tree coming soon with carriers for air support
wooohooo !!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.clanwolfpack.co.uk
SprinX

PostSubject: Re: War Thunder - Game review   War Thunder - Game review Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 11:59 pm

Found nice video explaining crew skills might come in usefull for us noobs Very Happy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnWsMTFkGwU
Back to top Go down
Malfius

Malfius

PostSubject: Re: War Thunder - Game review   War Thunder - Game review Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 5:20 pm

I got it downloaded last night and it was simple to pick up and play.
Username in it is obviously Malfius Smile
I will get my mic sorted and get on TS Thursday
Back to top Go down
Fenris
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Fenris

PostSubject: Re: War Thunder - Game review   War Thunder - Game review Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 3:42 am

nice one mate Smile im going to do a fun tourney for us with set planes as a laff and to improve us and get us ready for tourneys
Back to top Go down
Berserker

Berserker

PostSubject: Re: War Thunder - Game review   War Thunder - Game review Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 6:22 am

Was enjoying the dog fights before they packed the pc, missus was laughing at my head ducking action.
Back to top Go down
Fenris
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Fenris

PostSubject: Re: War Thunder - Game review   War Thunder - Game review Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 11:05 am

hahaha nice Smile
Back to top Go down
Bodycount

Bodycount

PostSubject: Re: War Thunder - Game review   War Thunder - Game review Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 5:57 am

head ducking you say, you havent seen anything until you have played chivalry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: War Thunder - Game review   War Thunder - Game review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

War Thunder - Game review
Page 1 of 1